hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <skada...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Multiple region servers per physical node
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:19:58 GMT
If someone was contemplating running multiple HBase region servers per node, what would you
tell him? I've lots of RAM on my machines and I want HBase to be able to make the most of
it. Heaps larger than 12-16G have significant gc penalties. I could try to have a larger cache
off-heap, but that feature is considered to be not fully baked in yet (according to people
in the know). The option left over is to run multiple region servers per node. What are the
downsides to that?