hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <skada...@bloomberg.net>
Subject HBase masters file
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 21:44:50 GMT
HBase 0.92 used to have a /etc/hbase/conf/masters file, which contained the location of the
HBase master. Has this file been removed in HBase 0.94.6? I see the regionservers file, but
not the masters file in our deployment.

I also used the zoookeeper-client to browse the /hbase subtree. The /hbase/master znode is
missing as well.

Is something mis-configured in our cluster? HBase looks to be functional - and I'm wondering
how that is if I can't find any reference to the master node hostname in the configs.