hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ellery <mell...@opendns.com>
Subject simple export --> bulk import
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:54:16 GMT
I'm currently struggling with export/import between two hbase clusters.
I have managed to create incremental exports from the source cluster
(using hbase Export). Now I would like to bulk load the export into the
destination (presumably using HFiles).  The reason for the bulk load
requirement is that the destination cluster is NOT tuned for individual
puts (which is what the default import does).

I've tried importtsv, but it seems to get confused by the exported data
and I end-up with incorrect data in the destination.

Has anyone successfully used export + import with a bulkload at the
destination?  If not, are there other utils I should consider using for
this use-case?

Thanks,
Mike Ellery