hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ian Friedman <...@flurry.com>
Subject Expanding a ZK quorum with replication
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 17:26:57 GMT
Hey guys, looking for some advice on this issue:

We'd like to move our Hbase cluster from 3 to 5 Zookeeper nodes. Normally this would be easily
handled by a rolling restart. However we also have replication between our 2 production clusters
enabled, which uses the ZK quorum of either side as the key. As far as I can tell there's
no way to modify a replication peer while it's running, and we can't take downtime. Any ideas?
Ther only one I've had so far is to break replication, start it back up with the new peer,
and then run a copytable job to catch up.

--
Ian Friedman