hbase-user mailing list archives

From "manishbhoge@rocketmail.com" <manishbh...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: How to join 2 tables using hadoop?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 03:05:02 GMT
You can load this data using MAP in hive. Once you load json using MAP then it maps the json
element to map the keys & use MAP function to read specific ID from json data. Once the
required pull happens then you can join with another table in hive.

Sent via Rocket from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Pavan Sudheendra" <pavan0591@gmail.com>
To: <user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: How to join 2 tables using hadoop?
Date: Fri, Jul 19, 2013 9:54 AM

I know that HBase by default doesn't support table joins like RDBMS..
But anyway, I have a table who value contains a json with a particular
ID in it..
This id references another table where it is a key..

I want to fetch the id first from table A , query table 2 and get its
corresponding value..

What is the best way of achieving this using the MR framework?
Apologizes, i'm still new to Hadoop and HBase so please go easy on me.

Thanks for any help