hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: VerifyRep - "Replication needs to be enabled to verify it."
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:18:28 GMT
Have you checked the configuration of "hbase.replication" in local hbase-site.xml?  "Replication
needs to be enabled to verify it." indicate that configuration value is false.
Below is the relevant code:
    if (!conf.getBoolean(HConstants.REPLICATION_ENABLE_KEY, false)) {
      throw new IOException("Replication needs to be enabled to verify it.");
    }

Jieshan
-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Schless [mailto:patrick.schless@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:29 PM
To: user
Subject: VerifyRep - "Replication needs to be enabled to verify it."

On 0.92.1, I have (recently) enabled replication, and I'm trying to verify
that it's working correctly. I am getting an error saying that replication
needs to be enabled, but replication *is* enabled, so I assume I'm doing
something wrong. Looking at the age of the last shipped op (on the master
cluster), and the age of the last applied op (on the slave cluster), I see
values, which make it look like data is flowing (and keeping up). Any idea
how I can get this job to run, to confirm things at a larger scale?

Thanks,
Patrick

patrick@job-tracker ~]$ hadoop jar /usr/lib/hbase/hbase.jar verifyrep
--starttime=1372911043653 --stoptime=1372997453773 1 table-foo

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.Driver.main(Driver.java:51)
        at
        at
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Replication needs to be enabled to verify
it.
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.replication.VerifyReplication.createSubmittableJob(VerifyReplication.java:160)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.replication.VerifyReplication.main(VerifyReplication.java:291)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:72)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:144)
        ... 10 more