hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 23:59:56 GMT
If you have simply downloaded and extracted HBase the same way I did
below, then it's not coming from HBase since it's working for everyone

There might be something with your installation/configuration.

Do you have any HADOOP_CLASSPATH or HBASE_CLASSPATH  declared? Is so,
can you remove it and retry?

Also, can you try this command?

which hadoop 2>/dev/null); echo $HADOOP_IN_PATH

The only place with GetJavaProperty is called is there:
${HADOOP_IN_PATH} org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty
java.library.path 2>/dev/null)
and this is only called if the command above is not null.

So I guess he command above is not null for you, else your error
message will not be displayed.

Can you also echo $HADOOP_CLASSPATH and CLASSPATH?