hbase-user mailing list archives

From prakash kadel <prakash.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject heap memory running
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:17:11 GMT
hi every one,

i am quite new to base and java. I have a few questions.

1. on the web ui for hbase i have the following entry in the region server

mining,60020,13711358624Fri Jun 14 00:04:22 GMT 2013requestsPerSecond=0,
numberOfOnlineRegions=106, usedHeapMB=5577, maxHeapMB=7933
when the hbase is idle with no requests the usedHeapMB hovers around
5000MB, shouldn't it go down after some idle time? what is occupying the
heap when no requests are being made?

2. I have assigned 8GB for heap on a 48GB machine, i dont mind assigning
more of it to hbase.
    What is the recommended size for the heap?

Sincerely,
Prakash