hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tecno Brain <cerebrotecnolog...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing HBase, what jar files from Hadoop need to match?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:03:21 GMT
I'm trying to install HBase 0.94.8 just for testing purposes on a single
node Hadoop cluster running on a Mac OS X with Hadoop 1.1.2 ( Pig 0.11.1  +
Hive 0.11.0 )

I found the following paragraph in the HBase documentation:

     "Because HBase depends on Hadoop, it bundles an instance of the Hadoop
jar under its lib directory. The bundled jar is ONLY for use in standalone
mode. In distributed mode, it is critical that the version of Hadoop that
is out on your cluster match what is under HBase. Replace the hadoop jar
found in the HBase lib directory with the hadoop jar you are running on
your cluster to avoid version mismatch issues. Make sure you replace the
jar in HBase everywhere on your cluster. Hadoop version mismatch issues
have various manifestations but often all looks like its hung up."

I am not sure what JAR files is referring to.
Is it core-3.1.1.jar ?

-Jorge

$ ls -l hadoop-1.1.2/lib

asm-3.2.jar