hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper session timeout
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2013 20:38:09 GMT
Hi,

Give G1 GC a try if you are on a recent JVM.  We didn't have issues
with ZK, but we gave G1 a try recently and look what happened:
http://blog.sematext.com/2013/06/24/g1-cms-java-garbage-collector/ -
maybe that will help you with ZK, too.

Otis
--
HBase Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM,  <Yuling_C@dell.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We hit an issue that HBase server keeps shutting down. From log we can see that sometimes
we got garbage collection taking too long issue. Also, we saw Zookeeper session timeout exception
in the log. We tried to increase the zookeeper session time out in hbase-site.xml but it didn't
help. We also tried to increase the heap size in hbase-env.sh but it didn't help either.