hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christophe Taton <ta...@wibidata.com>
Subject Re: Writing unit tests against HBase
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:05:16 GMT
Hey Adam,

Here is how to use fake-hbase from Java:

final Configuration conf = new Configuration();

final FakeHBase fakeHBase = new FakeHBase();

final HBaseAdmin admin = fakeHBase.getAdminFactory().create(conf);

final HTableDescriptor desc = new HTableDescriptor("table");

desc.addFamily(new
HColumnDescriptor("family").setMaxVersions(HConstants.ALL_VERSIONS));

admin.createTable(desc);

final HTableInterface table = fakeHBase.getHTableFactory().create(conf,
"table");

mHTable.put(new Put(Bytes.toBytes("row"))

.add(Bytes.toBytes("family"), Bytes.toBytes("qualifier"),
Bytes.toBytes("value")));

FakeHBase is essentially a factory for fake HBaseAdmin and HTableInterface
instances.
Let me know if that works or not for you.
Thanks,
C.