hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RPC Replication Compression
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:48:35 GMT
Replication doesn't need to know about compression at the RPC level so
it won't refer to it and as far as I can tell you need to set
compression only on the master cluster and the slave will figure it
out.

Looking at the code tho, I'm not sure it works the same way it used to
work before everything went protobuf. I would give 2 internets to
whoever tests 0.95.1 with RPC compression turned on and compares
results with non-compressed RPC. See
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#rpc.configs

J-D