hbase-user mailing list archives

From rob mancuso <rcuso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: observer coprocessor question regarding puts
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 17:16:38 GMT
Thx Anoop, I believe this is what I'm looking for.

Regarding my use case,  my rowkey is [A,B,C], but i also have a requirement
to access data by [C] only.  So I'm looking to use a post-put coprocessor
to maintain one secondary index table where the rowkey starts with [C]. My
cqs are numerics representing time and can be any number btw 1 and 3600 (ie
seconds within an hour). Because I won't know the cq value for each
incoming put (just the cf), I need something to deconstruct the put into a
list of cqs ...which I believe you've provided with getFamilyMap.

Thx again!