hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Kolesky <j...@opower.com>
Subject Re: Extending HBase Metrics Framework
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:50:06 GMT
If you want to add metrics, you can implement a
org.apache.hadoop.metrics.Updater and register it with a MetricsContext.
 There is an example at:

https://github.com/jeffkole/odoop/blob/master/hbase-filters/src/main/java/com/opower/hadoop/hbase/filter/DeployedFilterMetrics.java

This exposes metrics for a filter that I wrote, but if you want to pull out
metrics for HBase internals, you likely need to do modify HBase source code
to get at the data or hook up to your metric updater.

Jeff

--
*Jeff Kolesky*
Chief Software Architect