hbase-user mailing list archives

From Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Replication is talking to the wrong peer
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:48:44 GMT
Hi,

I have two cluster setup in a lab, each has 1 Master and 3 RS.
I'm inserting roughly 15GB into the master cluster, but I see between 5 -
10 minutes delay between master and slave cluster (ageOfLastShippedOp) them.

On my Graphite I see that replicateLogEntries_num_ops is increasing in one
region server (IP 85) of the slave cluster, out of 3 (IPs 83,84,85).

I ran a grep on the logs of each region server of the master, and saw
Chosen peer message saying the following:
RS ip 74: Chosen peer 83
RS ip 75: Chosen peer 85
RS ip 76: Chosen peer 85

So first problem: Why only two slave RS (83,85) are receiving replicated
log entries instead of 3?

Second and biggest problem: I ran netstat -tnp and grepped for 83,84,85 on
the RS ip 74, and saw that it is in fact talking with RS 85!
This was correlated with the Graphite graph of replicateLogEntries_num_ops
which showed that only RS 85 was receiving replicated log entries.

For me it looks like a bug.

Anyone has any ideas how to solve those two issues?