hbase-user mailing list archives

From Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Replication ageOfLastShippedOp
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:09:06 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that when a Region Server takes over a dead region server
replication queue, the ageOfLastShippedOp is reported of the latter. For
instance, I had an age of 500ms, and when I shutdown region server 2, then
region server took over the queue, and suddenly I had an age of 700k ms.
When you peek the metrics using JConsole and not Graphite, you see two
entries under Replication, thus we have two ageOfLastShippedOp.

Does HBase Region Server arbitrarily chooses which one to publish to its
Metrics Context?

Thank you,

Asaf