hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: some problem about HBase index
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:33:53 GMT

Sorry but HBase *DOES* support composite keys.

The OP's question is can you create a row key that is comprised of both 'student' and 'student_id'.

I'm not going in to more detail because this sounds like a homework problem.

Composite rowkey and composite index are two different things, yet still related because the
row key has an implied index.

Mike Segel

On Jun 13, 2013, at 5:22 AM, rajeshbabu chintaguntla <rajeshbabu.chintaguntla@huawei.com>

> HBase does not fully support composite keys.
> But you can use PrefixFilter and FuzzyRowFilter with some limitations if your query involves
part of key.
> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html
> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/FuzzyRowFilter.html
> Thanks,
> Rajeshbabu.
name as  rowkey  to mark a student,
>    I want to verify can HBase support it  ,  and  if  it can, how should I do,
>                    Thanks!

View raw message