hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Phelps <...@opendns.com>
Subject Re: Writing unit tests against HBase
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:14:51 GMT
On 6/18/13 4:22 PM, Stack wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Varun Sharma <varun@pinterest.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I wanted to write to write a unit test against HTable/HBase, is there an
>> already available utility to that for unit testing my application logic.
>>
>> I don't want to write code that either touches production or requires me to
>> mock an HTable. I am looking for a test htable object which behaves pretty
>> close to a real HTable.
>>

> Would this help if we included it?
> https://github.com/kijiproject/fake-hbase/

I figured I'd take a look as I was about to try using Mockito
(https://code.google.com/p/mockito/) to try to implement unit testing of
some of our code that accesses HBase.  The example tests in there are
all Scala, and I'm not having much success using them in Java.  Do you
know if there's any example Java tests that make use of fake-hbase?

- Adam