hbase-user mailing list archives

From <Yulin...@DELL.com>
Subject Zookeeper session timeout
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2013 06:03:02 GMT
Hi All,

We hit an issue that HBase server keeps shutting down. From log we can see that sometimes
we got garbage collection taking too long issue. Also, we saw Zookeeper session timeout exception
in the log. We tried to increase the zookeeper session time out in hbase-site.xml but it didn't
help. We also tried to increase the heap size in hbase-env.sh but it didn't help either.

Our set up was single node on VM with 4G memory and 1 processor.

We're using hbase 0.94.1.

Interesting thing is that with the same configuration on a different VM, we don't get this
issue...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

YuLing