hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Doubt Regading HLogs
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 10:53:48 GMT
Hello,
I am working with Hlogs of Hbase and I have this doubt that HDFS shows size of last log file
as zero. But when I open it I see data in it. When I add extra data a new file with zero size
is created and previous HLog file gets its size.  This thing applies to each region server.
 Following is the purged screen shot of same:
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE531A.E89188B0]

I have set following parameters in hbase-site.xml for logs:
<property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.logroll.period</name>
    <value>3600000</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>hbase.master.logcleaner.ttl</name>
   <value>604800000</value>
    </property>
<property>
   <name>hbase.regionserver.optionallogflushinterval</name>
   <value>3000</value>
</property>

I plan to read log files for some validation work, Please guide me through this behavior of
Hbase.

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal
Software Engineer