hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda <marcosluis2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EC2 Elastic MapReduce HBase install recommendations
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 02:42:50 GMT
I think that you when you are talking about RMap, you are referring to
MapR´s distribution.
I think that MapR´s team released a very good version of its Hadoop
distribution focused on HBase called M7. You can see its overview here:

But this release was under beta testing, and I see that it´s not included
in the Amazon Marketplace yet:

2013/5/7 Pal Konyves <paul.konyves@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> Has anyone got some recommendations about running HBase on EC2? I am
> testing it, and so far I am very disappointed with it. I did not change
> anything about the default 'Amazon distribution' installation. It has one
> MasterNode and two slave nodes, and write performance is around 2500 small
> rows per sec at most, but I expected it to be way  better. Oh, and this is
> with batch put operations with autocommit turned off, where each batch
> containes about 500-1000 rows... When I do it with autocommit, it does not
> even reach the 1000 rows per sec.
> Every nodes were m1.Large ones.
> Any experiences, suggestions? Is it worth to try the RMap distribution
> instead of the amazon one?
> Thanks,
> Pal

Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda