hbase-user mailing list archives

From Praveen Bysani <praveen.ii...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Block size of HBase files
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 11:48:36 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the details. No i haven't run any compaction or i have no idea
if there is one going on in background. I executed a major_compact on that
table  and i now have 731 regions (each about ~350 mb !!). I checked the
configuration in CM, and the value for hbase.hregion.max.filesize  is 1 GB
too !!!

I am not trying to access HFiles in my MR job, infact i am just using a PIG
script which handles this. This number (731) is close to my number of map
tasks, which makes sense. But how can i decrease this, shouldn't the size
of each region be 1 GB with that configuration value ?

--
Regards,
Praveen Bysani