hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is not running.
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 17:08:02 GMT
Ok, it's obvious that this is a networking issue.  I'm running on CentOS
and the hostname file is not in /etc, it's located in /etc/sysconfig/network
instead.

This is how that file looks like at the moment:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=ysg.connect

/etc/hosts is like this:
127.0.0.1   localhost   ysg.connect

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Yves S. Garret
<yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just curious, but what's zookeeper.sh in the bin directory of HBase?
>

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes that's a great post it helped me appreciate the complexity of the
>> whole thing to. There's gotta be a JIRA in here somewhere :)
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On May 24, 2013, at 7:08 PM, "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I do want to know.  Maybe that'll get my problem resolved.

>> witnessed,
>> down
>> http://blog.devving.com/why-does-hbase-care-about-etchosts/
>> mode, but