hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vimal Jain <vkj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to connect to Hbase remotly
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 10:02:43 GMT
Hi,
I am again facing this issue.
This time around its on different machine where i am configuring hbase in
pseudo distributed mode.
Client ( Java program ) connects to zookeeper fine as seen in below
zookeeper logs :-

2013-05-24 15:27:22,309 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: Accepted socket
connection from /192.168.20.27:48728
2013-05-24 15:27:22,321 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
Client attempting to establish new session at /192.168.20.27:48728
2013-05-24 15:27:22,324 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
Established session 0x13ed180d690000a with negotiated timeout 180000 for
client /192.168.20.27:48728

where 192.168.20.27 is from where i am running client.

Client hangs after this and after some time i get below error :-

java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find
region for event_data,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTableFactory.createHTableInterface(HTableFactory.java:38)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.createHTable(HTablePool.java:265)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.findOrCreateTable(HTablePool.java:195)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.getTable(HTablePool.java:174)
    at
com.games24x7.framework.db.hbase.HbaseServiceImpl.getDataForRowKey(HbaseServiceImpl.java:245)
    at
com.games24x7.eds.utility.init.ReadHbaseMain.readFromHbase(ReadHbaseMain.java:68)
    at
com.games24x7.eds.utility.init.ReadHbaseMain.main(ReadHbaseMain.java:25)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException:
Unable to find region for event_data,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:980)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:885)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:987)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:889)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:846)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:234)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:174)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTableFactory.createHTableInterface(HTableFactory.java:36)
    ... 6 more

Please help here.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Vimal Jain <vkjk89@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tariq and Jyothi for your help.
> I have solved this issue but not sure which step did the trick.
> 1) changed configuration files ( Hadoop and Hbase both ) and replaced
> hostnames with ip addresses.
> 2) played with /etc/hosts a bit
> 3) restarted hadoop and hbase several times ..
>
> Thanks again.
>

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Vimal Jain <vkjk89@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I got below Runtime exception after i changed my catch block ( from
>> catch(IOException) to catch(Exception) ). Sorry for trouble.
>> Exception :
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find
>> region for event_data
>>
>> where "event_data" is the table i have created in Hbase through shell
>>
>> hbase(main):001:0> list
>> TABLE
>>
>> event_data
>>
>> event_data2
>>
>> test
>>
>> 3 row(s) in 2.5320 seconds
>>
>> what could be wrong ?
>>

>> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Vimal Jain <vkjk89@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I had attached it.May be attachments are blocked.
>>> Attachments are big.How do i send it ?

In

--
Thanks and Regards,