hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Boesch <java...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple but Reliable configuration for pseudo distributed mode on ubuntu
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 19:46:07 GMT
OK found the issue, it was the old ubuntu localhost anomaly of  127.0.1.1
vs 127.0.0.1   Changing /etc/hosts to use the latter fixed the issue

Here is the quick start reference to it

http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html
Loopback IP

HBase expects the loopback IP address to be 127.0.0.1. Ubuntu and some
other distributions, for example, will default to 127.0.1.1 and this will
cause problems for you.

/etc/hosts should look something like this:

            127.0.0.1 localhost
            127.0.0.1 ubuntu.ubuntu-domain ub