hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <phobos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GET performance degrades over time
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 15:23:10 GMT
Look at how much Hard Disk utilization you have (IOPS / Svctm). You may
just be under scaled for the QPS you desire for both read + write load. If
you are performing random gets, you could expect around the low to mid
100's IOPS/sec per HDD. Use bonnie++ / IOZone / IOPing to verify.

Also you could see how efficient your cache is (Saving Disk IOPS).