hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Hančar <pavel.han...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase tasks
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 16:45:12 GMT
maybe I don't understand one basic thing. MapReduce jobs are there for long
jobs, that process some big data. But what to do, if I have an HBase
in-memory table, where I would like to process all (or selected) records
with minimal time response. Also MapReduce?
   If so, are there any features to speed up the processing? Is possible to
avoid some disk writes/reads?
  I try to compare some vectors extracted from pictures and sort the output
with a single empty reducer. Then I take the output by a web application.
Especially the last write of the output of the single reducer and then the
reading it by the web application seems strange to me. Is it possible to
get an iterator from the reducer instead of the output file?
  Pavel Hančar