hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christophe Taton <ta...@wibidata.com>
Subject Interactions between max versions and filters
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 18:19:31 GMT
Hi,

Is there an explicit specification of the behavior of max versions (set in
a get/scan) when combined with filters?
>From my experiments (with 0.92 CDH4.1.2), the max versions is applied in a
way that is neither pre-filtering nor post-filtering.
In particular, I am currently playing with the ColumnPaginationFilter, and
I am not entirely certain I understand the intended/expected behavior.
I also did not find an explicit specification in the reference user guide
nor in the API javadoc.

Thanks,
C.