hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject How practical is it to add a timestamp oracle on Zookeeper
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:14:05 GMT
Hi, All,
I'd like to add a global timestamp oracle on Zookeep to assign globally
unique timestamp for each Put/Get issued from HBase cluster. The reason I
put it on Zookeeper is that each Put/Get needs to go through it and unique
timestamp needs some global centralised facility to do it. But I am asking
how practical is this scheme, like anyone used in practice?

Also, how difficulty is it to extend Zookeeper, or to inject code to the
code path of HBase inside Zookeeper. I know HBase has Coprocessor on region
server to let programmer to extend without recompiling HBase itself. Does
Zk allow such extensibility? Thanks.