hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Jain <ankitjainc...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase random read performance
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 05:31:27 GMT
Hi All,

We are using HBase 0.94.5 and Hadoop 1.0.4.

We have HBase cluster of 5 nodes(5 regionservers and 1 master node). Each
regionserver has 8 GB RAM.

We have loaded 25 millions records in HBase table, regions are pre-split
into 16 regions and all the regions are equally loaded.

We are getting very low random read performance while performing multi get
from HBase.

We are passing random 10000 row-keys as input, while HBase is taking around
17 secs to return 10000 records.

Please suggest some tuning to increase HBase read performance.

Thanks,
Ankit Jain
iLabs

--