hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is not running.
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:59:38 GMT
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did [ hostname ] in my linux OS and this is what I have for a
hostname [ ysg.connect ].

This is how my hosts file looks like.
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
127.0.0.1   localhost
192.168.1.6 ysg.connect
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6

Now, I fired up the shell and this is the result that I got when I
tried to execute [ create 'test', 'cf' ].  This is the error that I got:
http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1016732333

The weird thing is that after starting the shell, executing that
command, having that command error out and keep going and
then exiting the command, I checked the logs and... nothing
was displayed.  It's as if nothing was stored.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Hi Yves,
>
> You need to add an entry with your host name and your local IP.
>
> As an example, here is mine:
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 192.168.23.2    buldo
>
> My host name is buldo.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/4/25 Yves S. Garret <yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Jean, this is my /etc/hosts.
> >
> > 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
> > localhost4.localdomain4
> > 127.0.0.1   localhost
> > ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
> > localhost6.localdomain6
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Yves,
> >>
> >> You seems to have some network configuration issue with your
> installation.
> >>
> >> "java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address" and
> >> "ip72-215-225-9.at.at.cox.net/72.215.225.9:0"
> >>
> >> How is your host file configured? You need to have your host name
> >> pointing to you local IP (and not 127.0.0.1).

> currently

> yet.

> complete
> >> your