hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase-0.94.6.1 balancer issue
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:59:33 GMT
Hi, all

I'm evaluating hbase-0.94.6.1 and i have 48 regions on 2 node cluster. I
was restarting on of RSs and after that tried to balance cluster by running
balancer from shell. After running command regions were not distributed to
second RS and i found this line i master log:

2013-04-12 16:45:15,589 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.LoadBalancer:
Skipping load balancing because balanced cluster; servers=2 *regions=1
*average=0.5
mostloaded=1 leastloaded=0

This look like to me that wrong number of regions is reported by balancer
and that cause of  skipping load balancing . In hbase shell i see all 48
tables that i have and everything else looks fine.

Did someone else see this type of behavior ? Did something changed around
balancer in hbase-0.94.6.1 ?

Regards
Samir