hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean MacDonald <s...@opendns.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot Export Problem
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:51:08 GMT
Hi Jon,

I've actually discovered another issue with snapshot export. If you have a region that has
recently split and you take a snapshot of that table and try to export it while the children
still have references to the files in the split parent, the files will not be transferred
and will be counted in the missing total. You end with error messages like:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to open link: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HLogLink

Please let me know if you would like any additional information.

Thanks and have a great day,

Sean

On Wednesday, 24 April, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Sean MacDonald wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> No problem. We do have snapshots enabled on the target cluster, and we are using the
default hfile archiver settings on both clusters.