hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rami Mankevich <ra...@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Hbase question
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 07:53:40 GMT
I have additional question:
Hbase is built on top of hadoop.
Does HBases uses HDFS only of hadoop or uses Map Reduce Jobs engine as well?
Thanks a lot!

From: Rami Mankevich
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:52 PM
To: 'user@hbase.apache.org'
Cc: 'Andrew Purtell'
Subject: RE: Hbase question

First of all - thanks  for the quick response.

Basically threads I want to open are for my own  internal structure updates and I guess have
no relations to HBase internal structures.
All I want is initiations for some asynchronous structure updates as part of coprocessor execution
in order  not to block user reponse.

The only reason I was asking is to be sure Hbase will not kill those threads.
As I understand - shouldn't be any issue with that. Am I correct?

In addition - Is there any Hbase Thread pool I can use?

Thanks