hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rami Mankevich <ra...@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Hbase question
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:51:51 GMT
First of all - thanks  for the quick response.

Basically threads I want to open are for my own  internal structure updates and I guess have
no relations to HBase internal structures.
All I want is initiations for some asynchronous structure updates as part of coprocessor execution
in order  not to block user reponse.

The only reason I was asking is to be sure Hbase will not kill those threads.
As I understand - shouldn't be any issue with that. Am I correct?

In addition - Is there any Hbase Thread pool I can use?

From: Andrew Purtell [mailto:apurtell@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:53 PM
To: Rami Mankevich
Cc: apurtell@apache.org
Subject: Re: Hbase question

Hi Rami,

It is no problem to create threads in a coprocessor as a generic answer. More specifically
there could be issues depending on exactly what you want to do, since coprocessor code changes
HBase internals. Perhaps you could say a bit more. I also encourage you to ask this question
on user@hbase.apache.org<mailto:user@hbase.apache.org> so other contributors can chime
in too.