hbase-user mailing list archives

From Randy Fox <randy....@connexity.com>
Subject Scanner returning subset of data
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:07:19 GMT
I have a needle-in-the-haystack type scan.  I have tried to read all the
issues with ScannerTimeoutException and LeaseException, but do have not
seen anyone report what I am seeing.

Running 0.92.1-cdh4.1.1.  All config wrt to timeouts and periods are
default: 60s.

When I run a scanner that will return few results and my cache setting
is a bit too high for results to return in 60 seconds, i sometimes get a
subset of results (the last few returnable rows) and no exception.  it
may take a while to get those results.  Other times I get the
LeaseException, the ScannerTimeoutException, or the
RetriesExhaustedException. I can see throwExceptionIfCallerDisconnected
in RS logs.

The incorrect return set has me very concerned.  I can easily reproduce
this with my own code or hbase shell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Randy Fox