hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi-CheckAnd...
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 03:34:14 GMT
It's not far fetched to add a checkAndMutate method/rpc to HBase. Put, Delete, Increment (in
trunk), and Append extend Mutation, so it would not be too hard to add.
Could you file a jira and explain what you need specifically. I'm sure somebody will step
up and make a patch (unless you want to work on a patch :) ).

-- Lars

________________________________
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:09 AM
Subject: Multi-CheckAnd...

Hello list,

I was wondering how to create a multi-row-mutation with
precondition-constraints.

Something like this:

public boolean[] multiCheckAndPut(byte[]row, byte[] family, byte[]
column, List<Put> puts);

This looks a little bit ugly but illustrates the idea.

Are there any alternatives that would fit the use-case?

Kind regards,
Em