hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase Region Server Spinning on JMX requests
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:57:31 GMT
Hmm... That's not good. Would you mind filing a ticket here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE
?

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: "Buckley,Ron" <buckleyr@oclc.org>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:57 AM
Subject: HBase Region Server Spinning on JMX requests

This is with HBase 0.94.4 & CDH 4.1.1

This morning one our region servers (we have 44) stopped responding to
the '/jmx' request. (It's working for regular activity.)  Additionally,
the region server is now using all the CPU on the host, running all 8
cores at 100%.

I've got several jstacks, they all look like this:
http://pastebin.com/dGTmTEN7

If I do a wget of the /jmx url, it starts responding, but never
completes, always stopping at the same point:
http://pastebin.com/qhNvxrQK

Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, Is there a way out of it?
(other than bouncing the region server).

BTW: There's nothing relevant in the region server log and the garbage
collector log is normal.

Ron Buckley