hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: HBase random read performance
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:17:22 GMT
Ankit
                 I guess you might be having default HFile block size which is 64KB.
For random gets a lower value will be better. Try will some thing like 8KB and check the latency?

Ya ofcourse blooms can help (if major compaction was not done at the time of testing)

-Anoop-
From: Ankit Jain [ankitjaincs06@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:01 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: HBase random read performance

Hi All,

We are using HBase 0.94.5 and Hadoop 1.0.4.

We have HBase cluster of 5 nodes(5 regionservers and 1 master node). Each
regionserver has 8 GB RAM.

We have loaded 25 millions records in HBase table, regions are pre-split
into 16 regions and all the regions are equally loaded.

We are getting very low random read performance while performing multi get
from HBase.

We are passing random 10000 row-keys as input, while HBase is taking around
17 secs to return 10000 records.

Please suggest some tuning to increase HBase read performance.

Thanks,
Ankit Jain
iLabs

--