hbase-user mailing list archives

From samuel_hs...@tsmc.com
Subject [HBase] dummy cached location when batch insert result in bad performances.
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:34:14 GMT

Dear experts,

We met a performance issue when batch insert HBase that our client met
several "cached location" randomly during batch insert. We would like to
know when will hbase client trigger cached location again, is it related to
region split. merged or move or related to memory flush or other event? Are
there any better configuration to enhance the cached location performance
if it's a necessary behavior inside hbase? Thanks

In HBase-The definitive guide, page#346, it wrote:
Although clients cache region locations, there is an initial need to figure
out where to
send requests when looking for a specific row key—or when the cache is
stale and a
region has since been split, merged, or moved. The client library uses a
recursive discovery
process moving up in the hierarchy to find the current information. It asks
the
corresponding region server hosting the matching .META. region for the
given row key
and retrieves the address. If that information is invalid, it backs out,
asking the root
table where the .META. region is. Eventually, if all else fails, it has to
do a read of the
ZooKeeper node to find the root table region.

Best Regards.
Sam

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its