hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pal Konyves <paul.kony...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase client hangs after connecting to Zookeeper in pseudo-mode
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:21:49 GMT
Hi,

progress! not... I'm still struggling with it. I changed all my hosts
files have the external ip of the VM and the 127.0.0.1 point to
hostname 'debian' (that was the original name of the machine). I
changed every config files to use the hostname 'debian'. I formated
the hdfs, but no luck, the client still hangs. I will probably have to
debug this stuff.

But still, if you have any ideas, please tell me! I have to make
progress at learning HBase, so if I cannot get it work in
pseudo-distributed mode, can I connect to it from a remote client in
standalone mode?

Thanks,
Pal