hbase-user mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to only scan data in memstore
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:06:57 GMT
I would caution against going that route for various reasons:
 - Correctness   : You can never be sure to sync the memstore flushes and
compactions changing the files under you.
 - Security        : All files from HBase are owned by HBase user. Other
users should not be able to read it.
 - Compatibility : HBase gives zero guarantees about how the data is stored
internally. At any point, the layout, file format, block encodings, etc
might change.

Enis