hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Kumar Mantha <pradeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Client.
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:02:21 GMT
Hi,

   Thanks for the recommendations.  I am mostly looking for a client
which can provide maximum performance.

Here is a brief description of my benchmarking process.

  1. The queries are read only
  2. I want to scale the number of clients from 1, 2, 4, .. 16 nodes
  3, Each client  uses 32 threads to query the same set of keys.

Based on the recommendations, I feel Java client is one option which I can try.

I would like to know if there is any recommendation for a python
interface to hbase?

Thrift is one possibility,  But I think, the performance will be
affected as the number of clients scale, since all the requests has to
go thru the same thrift server.

Is there a library like https://github.com/pycassa/pycassa ?
pycassa is a python client library for Apache Cassandra with the
following features:

Automatic failover and operation retries
Connection pooling
Multithreading support
A batch interface
A class for mapping classes to Cassandra column families

Is there a similar Client for HBase?

thanks
pradeep

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Ian Varley <ivarley@salesforce.com> wrote:
> Pradeep -
>
> One more to add to your list of clients is Phoenix:
>
> https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix
>
> It's a "SQL skin", built on top of the standard Java client with various optimizations;
it exposes HBase via a standard JDBC interface, and thus might let you easily plug into other
tools for testing performance.

> Ian
>
> On Mar 20, 2013, at 4:49 AM, Vivek Mishra wrote:
>
> I have used Kundera, persistence overhead on HBase API is minimal considering feature
set available for use within Kundera.

> -Vivek

interception or interference.