hbase-user mailing list archives

From Viral Bajaria <viral.baja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compaction time
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 06:56:53 GMT
How often do you run those jobs ? Do they run periodically or are they
running all the time ?

If you have a predictable periodic behavior, you could disable automatic
compaction and trigger it manually using a cron job (not the recommended
approach, AFAIK). Or you could set the compaction to trigger at a set time
of the day when you know your jobs are not running.