hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ally Gladstone <ally.alvin.gladst...@gmail.com>
Subject about HBase export
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:48:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Hadoop and HBase cluster with some machines.
  Hadoop 0.20.2(exactly, hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u1)
  HBase 0.90.3 (exactly, hbase-0.90.3-cdh3u1)

I tried to export HBase table with next command,
it seemed to work successfuly, but could not export table completely.

command:
 /HADOOP_HOME/hadoop jar /HBASE_HOME/hbase-0.90.3-cdh3u1.jar export
<tablename> <hdfs_outputdir>

After exported, import exported-data into empty table, but there was
many lost rows.

When the table data size was small(exported-data size was a few GB),
could export completly and fully import all row,
but when table became huge(exported-data size became around 10 GB over),
it seemed to export incompletly and couldn't import all row.

Is there any upper limit of size for export, or necessary settings, any
bugs ??

thanks.