hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dan Crosta <...@magnetic.com>
Subject Re: HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:17:29 GMT
On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:13 AM, Asaf Mesika wrote:
> Maybe you've the limit of the number of RPC Threads handling your write
> requests per Region Server, thus your requests are queued?

Thanks -- I actually just stumbled across that setting in CDH manager, and am experimenting
with raising it.

The HBase book warns "The rule of thumb is to keep this number low when the payload per request
approaches the MB (big puts, scans using a large cache) and high when the payload is small
(gets, small puts, ICVs, deletes)" -- we do have a pattern of lots of small writes, and infrequent
and relatively few large reads. Should I be worried about this?

Thanks,
- Dan