hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjdk7 and hbase
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:52:55 GMT
Hello Alok,

        I think this is because sun java is the industry standard when it comes to java. Most
widely used and accepted by all. And it is more stable and fixed. As far as problems are concerned,
I had faced some problem while using hadoop and hbase with java 7..and it had come when something
that was using  collections.sort() internally was being used (if I still remember it correctly).
But I have never used openjdk with hadoop and hbase.

But, let us wait for comments from the experts on this. That would be more informative and
useful, as I am not a java or hbase expert.