hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dan Crosta <...@magnetic.com>
Subject Scanner timeout -- any reason not to raise?
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:46:20 GMT
We occasionally get scanner timeout errors such as "66698ms passed since the last invocation,
timeout is currently set to 60000" when iterating a scanner through the Thrift API. Is there
any reason not to raise the timeout to something larger than the default 60s? Put another
way, what resources (and how much of them) does a scanner take up on a thrift server or region
server?

Also, to confirm -- I believe "hbase.rpc.timeout" is the setting in question here, but someone
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
- Dan