hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:03:01 GMT
Yes Ted, you are right, we are having table regions pre-split, and we see that both regions
are almost evenly filled in both the tests.

This does not seem to be a regression though, since we were getting good write rates when
we had lesser number of columns.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

From: Ted Yu [yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:15 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: ankitjaincs06@gmail.com
Subject: Re: HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns

Copying Ankit who raised the same question soon after Pankaj's initial
question.

On one hand I wonder if this was a regression in 0.94.5 (though unlikely).

Did the region servers receive (relatively) same write load for the second
test case ? I assume you have pre-split your tables in both cases.

Cheers

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Pankaj Misra
<pankaj.misra@impetus.co.in>wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> Sorry for missing that detail, we are using HBase version 0.94.5
>
> Regards
> Pankaj Misra

or interference.