hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:55:27 GMT

The issue that I am facing is around the performance drop of Hbase, when I was having 20 columns
in a column family Vs now when I am having 40 columns in a column family. The number of columns
have doubled and the ingestion/write speed has also dropped by half. I am writing 1.5 KB of
data per row across 40 columns.

Are there any settings that I should look into for tweaking Hbase to write higher number of
columns faster?

I would request community's help to let me know how can I write to a column family with large
number of columns efficiently.

Would greatly appreciate any help /clues around this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

or interference.